The Learn to Row (LTR) course at Glebe Rowing Club is a great way to get out on the water and get some experience in this great sport. Rowing is an excellent cardiovascular workout that is also low impact on the body.
What is included?Led by a qualified rowing coach, this course includes either 4-day course (2.5 hours each) or 2-day course (6 hours each) on Sundays. In the first session we will get you out on the water for a try of the real thing. The following sessions will be about improving your skills and gaining confidence in the sport of rowing. You will also receive a comprehensive rowing manual that is yours to keep.
Great course to learn the basics of what is an incredible sport and also a fantastic, low impact workout. The people are very friendly and accommodating and the instructors are very knowledgeable and understanding. A great way to get learn a new exercise, or a gateway to a new competitive sport. This course provides both these opportunities.Michael
What will you learn?At the end of the LTR course you will have been:
- introduced to a range of rowing terms and be familiar with the different classes of boats,
- instructed in correct rowing technique that you can use in the gym and on the water, and
- instructed in how to row and have practical experience of rowing on the water.
Having never rowed a boat in my life I was a little intimidated. The coaches and club member were all fantastic, very supportive, friendly, knowledgeable and most importantly patient! Highly recommend this course, I now have the confidence to row on my own and I love telling people all about it!Aaron
AgeFor physiological reasons, course participants must be aged 13 years or over.
Days and times2 formulas are proposed: 1) The course is provided over 4 weeks, on Sunday mornings.
- Week 1: Sunday 8.30am to 11.00am: Introduction to rowing
- Weeks 2-4: Sunday 8.30am to 11.00am: Getting out on the water and improving your skills
- Day 1: Sunday 8.30am to 3.00pm: Introduction to rowing and getting out on the water
- Day 2: Sunday 8.30am to 3.00pm: Improving your skills
PriceThe price for the course is $275.
RequirementsYou must be able to swim 100m and be of reasonable physical fitness to enrol in this course.
Starting DatesFollowing are the next scheduled LTR course dates:
9 & 16 September 2018(full) 11 & 18 November 2018(full) 27 January and 3, 10 & 17 February 2019(full) 17, 24 & 31 March and 7 April 2019(full)
I definitely enjoyed the learn to row course. It was fun and interesting to learn the right techniques and actually get out on the water in the boat by the second lesson. I found it very easy to pick up as the coaches were encouraging and clear about what to do and gave positive feed back and tips on how to improve. I would definitely recommend this course to anybody who want to learn to row quickly and accurately! Thank you Glebe Rowing Club!Josephine
How to bookEach course has a limited number of students. Due to some problems we've had in the past we are now only confirming applications when they have been paid in full. We're sorry to have to do it this way but in the past people have registered and then not attended the course, excluding others who would have liked to attend. To book for the course you need to:
- Fill in the application form Directly complete our online form (see below): email@example.com: Or you can download the form (see below), fill in and sign and send it to us at
- Pay for your course
You can pay in two ways.
- Direct Deposit Please use the following details for your payment:
- PayPal/Credit Card You can also pay via credit card or PayPal using the Buy Now buttons below. Note that these payments incur a small credit card processing fee (2.5%)
Good course for beginners. The coach and course instructors are all volunteers, and they are experienced and skilled rowers. They came across as dedicated and professional, yet friendly and approachable. Good location, a place where you would want to come and row. I am very happy that I was accepted on the course at the GRC, and have no hesitation in highly recommending it to those interested to learn to row.Vinay