LEARN TO ROW PROGRAM - ONLINE APPLICATION FORMThe Learn to Row course at Glebe Rowing Club is a great way to get out on the water and get some experience in this great sport. Rowing is an excellent cardio-vascular workout that is also low impact on the body.
What Is Included:Lead by a qualified rowing coach, this course starts with a 4 hour session on the first Sunday of the program for an on-land introduction to rowing and rowing terminology. In that first session we will also get you out on the water for a try of the real thing. Over the next three Sunday mornings you will attend a 2 hour session each week to further improve your skills and gain confidence in the sport of rowing.
What You Will Learn:
At the end of the course you will:
- Have been introduced to a range of rowing terms and be familiar with the different boats,
- Have been instructed in correct rowing technique that you can use in the gym and on the water
- Have been instructed in how to row and have practical experience of rowing on the water.
- You must be able to swim 100m and be of reasonable physical fitness to enrol in this course.
- You must be at least 13 years old on the first day of the course.
Price:The price for the course is $350, inc GST.