LEARN TO ROW PROGRAM – ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
The Learn to Row course at Glebe Rowing Club is a great way to get out on the water and get some experience in this great sport. Rowing is an excellent cardio-vascular workout that is also low impact on the body.
What Is Included:
Lead by a qualified rowing coach, this course starts with a 4 hour session on the first Sunday of the program for an on-land introduction to rowing and rowing terminology. In that first session we will also get you out on the water for a try of the real thing. Over the next three Sunday mornings you will attend a 2 hour session each week to further improve your skills and gain confidence in the sport of rowing.
What You Will Learn:At the end of the course you will:
- Have been introduced to a range of rowing terms and be familiar with the different boats,
- Have been instructed in correct rowing technique that you can use in the gym and on the water
- Have been instructed in how to row and have practical experience of rowing on the water.
- You must be able to swim 100m and be of reasonable physical fitness to enrol in this course.
- You must be at least 13 years old on the first day of the course.
The price for the course is $275, inc GST. Direct depositPlease note that due to some problems we’ve had in the past we are now only confirming applications when they have been paid in full. We’re sorry to have to do it this way but in the past people have registered and then not attended the course, excluding others who would have liked to attend.